Our Associate exams are 1 hour long, but exam appointments can run longer to accommodate setup time. To be safe, set aside at least 1 hour and 30 minutes for your appointment. We suggest launching your exam 15 minutes before your appointment time to ensure you have adequate time to complete the pre-exam checks and connect with your proctor.
Our Professional exams are 4 hours long, but exam appointments can run longer to accommodate setup time. To be safe, set aside at least 4 hour and 30 minutes for your appointment. We suggest launching your exam 15 minutes before your appointment time to ensure you have adequate time to complete the pre-exam checks and connect with your proctor.
- You must join your appointment using a computer with only one monitor, a webcam, speakers, microphone, and internet capable of maintaining a video call and the exam. Headphones are not permitted
- You will be prompted to download and install a secure browser and pass a system compatibility check
- You will be asked to scan the room from which you are testing in—including under your desk—with your webcam prior to starting the exam
- You will be required to provide one current, valid, and government issued ID with a photo
Before Launching Your Exam
Make sure you have met the system requirements, physical space requirements, and have your identification within reach. Be sure your webcam can do a full scan of your room. If your webcam is built-in, you must be able to move your machine to scan your entire testing environment.
Getting Help During Your Exam
If you run into issues with verifying that all programs are closed during your authorization into the exam, make sure you close all virtualization applications (Docker, VMware, etc.) AND their respective background services/daemons (vmms).
If you need technical assistance during the the pre-exam check or during your exam, you can initiate a chat with the proctor using the in-exam chat tool. If you get disconnected during your exam, relaunch the Secure Browser from your computer and you will be taken back to your exam.
- Talking, mouthing words, or communication with anyone other than your proctor while testing is prohibited
- You may not exit the camera's view during the exam
- You may not use electronic devices (cell phone, smart watch, etc) during the exam
- You must be fully dressed
- PSI requires all employees and exam takers to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Exhibiting abusive behavior towards a proctor via chat or other candidates will result in your exam being terminated and will be reported to HashiCorp
- You are prohibited from reproducing, communicating or transmitting any test content in any form for any purpose. Doing so will result in the disqualification of examination results, and may lead to legal action
To learn more about the exam experience, watch this video: